Sore throat - typical for pharyngitis
Sore throat often occurs in the course of a cold. Many colds announce themselves with an unpleasant scratchy sensation in the throat that eventually develops into sore throat. Other symptoms such as runny nose and cough frequently follow.
Pharyngitis, a painful Inflammation of the pharyngeal mucous membrane, is often an accompanying symptom of the common cold and can be associated with severe sore throat and fever.
The triggers are generally viruses, less often bacteria. Bacteria often settle on a viral infection, however. In the worst case scenario, this can lead to a bacterial superinfection (e.g. tonsillitis).
If you have a sore throat, this makes it all the more important to use a throat pain remedy that also combats bacterial pathogens at an early stage.
Provides relief for throat pain: Dorithricin® is effective during any stage of a throat infection.
Dorithricin® - The throat medicine
- Blocks the pain. A local analgesic agent quickly provides pain relief.
- Fights bacteria and viruses1. The natural anti-infective agent tyrothricin combats bacterial pathogens without the risk of developing a resistance. A local antiseptic and disinfecting active ingredient effectively complements the effect of tyrothricin. In addition, in combination with the other active ingredients in Dorithricin®, tyrothricin has a pronounced antiviral effect
- Slows down the infection. Last but not least, tyrothricin also has local immunostimulatory properties and is therefore able to slow down infections before throat pain becomes worse.
Dorithricin® Throat Lozenges can be taken in every phase of a throat infection. No matter whether you have a slight scratchy sensation in the throat or are already experiencing severe throat pain. Even if you have tonsillitis, a possible consequence of a bacterial superinfection, Dorithricin® can be used for acute pain relief following consultation with your physician. This graphic illustrates the course of a throat infection and the possible applications of Dorithricin®:
|Viruses and/or bacteria settle on the mucous membrane||Burning, scratchy sensation and/or tingling in the throat||Swallowing
|Severe sore throat||Possible consequence:
For example: Tonsillitis
Another advantage of throat lozenges: Sucking on throat lozenges stimulates salivation, effectively moistening the irritated pharyngeal mucosa. This provides additional relief and is therefore a plus for effective therapy.
What can you do to get relief from throat pain?
In addition to the use of Dorithricin® there is quite a bit you yourself can do to get relief from sore throat.
This includes the following:
- Gargling with sage or chamomile tea
- Avoiding physical exertion
- Abstinence from smoking
- Drinking plenty of fluids to moisturize the mucous membranes
If you have a fever, paracetamol may also be indicated.
For more information, see Tips for treating sore throat.